Saturday, March 06, 2010

Signs of an Aging Population - 5th Mar 2010

I was on my way to Marsiling from work to meet her for dinner. Being peak hour, the train was packed but not overly packed since I was considered early. Still I had to stand, (which I'm used to) just that my bag was heavy and my knee was misbehaving. I yearned for a seat so badly cos the journey was long (Orchard to Marsiling).

The bad thing that can happen when you really want a seat on a long train ride is to have an old man board the train and stand beside you a few stations later. There goes my seat, if ever there was one I thought.

The worse thing that happens next after a seat is finally available and I made way for the old man is another old man appearing out of nowhere ! Well, at least I got a smile and nod of thanks from the first old man.

Another seat is available and again, I made way. No smile this time though - but that's fine. I was too tired already. Still plenty of stops to go ... Hopefully I can grab a seat somehow.

The WORST thing that can happen - a third old man ! Man ..... And to top it up, eventually I made way for him as well - all 3 old men had seats side by side right in front of where I stood !

By then, I was 3 stops away ... almost there ....

No comments: