Monday, February 22, 2010

The Proposal (Part 1)

Many people have been asking me how I'm going to propose and when.
Many people have been asking her too if I have proposed.
Well, I don't blame the paparazzis around me, since we've already set a date even!

Isaiah even offered to help me with the proposal -
He suggested a Big Big Banner and said "She sure cry one!"
Hmz ... I'm certain of that, after all the "Gang" has been her closest group of friends all this years.
I'm truly thankful for all of you, for showering her with love and warmth -
(In no order) The Kuans, The Tays, Ms Heah, Mr @sterix & Ms JY
And when I intruded into the "Gang", you folks gave me the same love n warmth as well
You guys are the best! And certainly it would've been very meaningful to propose with all of you around.

BUT ... after a long thought, I decided to do it on 14th Feb 2010 instead.
Not that I'm into the Valentine's Day craze, but it is a special day on its own after all.

14th Feb 2010 - Valentine's Day, back in her hometown on the 1st Day of Chinese New Year.

I may not have been who you had in mind as a life partner
But to you, I happened to be there at the right place right time
I was truly worried at first, for I know myself well
Will I be able to meet your expectations
Will I be able to be a good husband and father in future
But you accepted me for who I am & not who I was
You believe me for who I can become
So hand in hand we've walked this journey together
Spending moments of joy n pain, in laughter n in tears
There's more to come, this I promise
And for as long as time shall take, I will always love you till the very end.

Will you marry me?

(The above was blogged before I proposed)


How did it turn out ???

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*Drum Roll .....*

Well it turned out to be quite different in the end.
But that will be another story to tell :)

1 comment:

Isaiah Kuan said...

dun keep us in suspense!! we want the entire story!!