Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Proposal (Part 2) - 14th Feb 2010

14th Feb 2010 is a date to remember for us both. At midnight, I proposed and she said "Yes".

We had our reunion dinner at a restaurant nearby - That will be yet another story to tell :)

I was a little high by the end of the dinner, having received several toasts and having to toast the family members in return. I was constantly keeping my fingers crossed that I could stay awake till the stroke of midnight to propose. Fortunately dinner ended around 9 I think and we were back home by 10. 2 more hours to go and I was already feeling worn out. I kept myself awake by watching tv and chatting with the other cousins. We had planned to light up firecrackers later that night so I took the chance to hint to the rest (Hui Hui, Jia Jia and Cheng Yang) on my plans. Thankfully, they played along and kept mum although Jia Jia almost had a slip of tongue (she confessed later haha).

Right about 2345, Cheng Yang came with the "goods" and we headed down to prepare the fireworks. It had begun to drizzle but that didn't dampen the mood. A few other households had already started their own fireworks. Not as grand and colourful as I'd expected but nonetheless, the ambience was great !




At the stroke of midnight, fireworks continued and on my knees I went, asking "Will You Marry Me". She was stunned I think ... but she nodded her head and said yes and onto her finger the ring, the token of my love went and so this marks the beginning of our journey together.

4 comments:

Isaiah Kuan said...

oh..that was so sweet! i think every proposal is always the sweetest, no matter how we do it..

Peter Ching said...

Well yepz. Every proposal is unique, is different and is always sweet.

Games4Christ said...

Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Congrats.. though came abit late.. as i din know abt this blog